Effective as of May 11th, 2012
The Information We Collect
When you sign up to become a Registered User, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself (collectively, the “Personal Information”). Such Personal Information for Registered Users includes your name, address, and e-mail address. We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the Services unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily.
When you order certain products and services from us, you will be required to provide certain information in addition to the Personal Information noted above. Such information may include a debit card number, credit card number, PayPal account information, and similar information (collectively, the “Billing Information).
In addition to the Personal Information and Billing Information noted above that you voluntarily provide to us, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Services, such as the type of Platform you’re using, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Websites you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Services.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the Services, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information and Billing Information by (i) e-mailing us at fr@Comediaty.com, or (ii) following the instructions found on the applicable Platform. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Comediaty marketing email. Registered Users cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information to provide you the Services, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners, to administer our contests, and to improve our Services to you. Also, we may share Personal Information, the Billing Information, and/or Other Information as described below.
- In order to administer our contests, we may share your Personal Information and Other Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners.
- We may from time to time share Personal Information and/or Other Information with other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Services, we might analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, information technology support, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- If we or all or substantially all of our assets are acquired, we expect that the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information would be transferred along with the other business assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing the such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Comediaty or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We use industry-standard SSL (“Secure Socket Layer”) encryption technology, a secure server, and other physical and procedural safeguards to protect the security of such information. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platforms may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Websites and the Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Services and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with Comediaty may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to fr@Comediaty.com or write to us at:
20 West 20th Street
New York, New York 10011
How to Contact Us
Comediaty promotes a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Comediaty company to employ the man or woman best qualified for the job regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability (handicap) or marital status.
Unlike many other distributors, Comediaty DOES NOT take the copyright from filmmakers. Comediaty offers you a non-exclusive license, and you retain ownership. It is our belief that, as an alternative distributor, the filmmaker knows best what to do with his/her copyright.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the internet.
- Alternatively you can opt out - opt out of cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page.